Functions of the Agency:
- ensuring implementation of Latvian tourism development policy;
- implementing tourism advertising and PR activities in Latvia and abroad, as well as activities for promoting sale of tourism products;
- implementation of state and private partnership tourism development projects;
- attraction of financial resources for tourism development.
Main tasks of the Agency:
- elaboration of recommendations for improving regulatory enactments concerning tourism development;
- popularization of Latvian tourism opportunities in local and international tourism market;
- arranging participation of Latvian tourism service providers – businesses (companies) and organizations in international tourism fairs;
- researching local and international tourism market;
- implementation of tourism development advancement activities in collaboration with tourism service providers – businesses (companies) and organizations;
- elaboration of tourism development projects, supporting their implementation and participation in them;
- development and maintenance of Latvian tourism portal on the Internet;
- control for purposeful spending of resources invested in tourism development support activities from tourism fund;
- provision of information and consultations to legal and physical entities regarding issues within the competence of the Agency;
- provision of information to Latvian tourism service providers – businesses (companies) regarding the actions of tourists in extraordinary situations in Latvia or abroad.